Al Mustapha Institute has a clear and explicit sense of its essential values and character, its distinctive elements, its place in both the education community and society, and its contribution to the public good.
Al Mustapha Institute functions with integrity, transparency, and autonomy.
In its quest to teach and prepare students and produce intellectuals who can relate Islam to modern day challenges and opportunities, and foster Islamic wellbeing, the Institute principally aims to:
- provide a comprehensive understanding of the Holy Qur’an and the Sunnah of the Prophet (Sallahu Alaihi Wasalam).
- engage scholars in their critical analysis and application of contemporary knowledge.
- develop a methodology for understanding Islam and dealing with the present situation of both the community and the world, and the field of education in particular, in view of contemporary challenges and opportunities.
- serve as a think tank in Islamic education, culture and knowledge.
- promote Islamic values and build a better sustainable future for our community and humanity at large.
The Institute seeks to achieve its objectives by:
- teaching, training of scholars, library access to Islamic and contemporary text books.
- supporting researchers and scholars at its research centre.
- directing research and studies to understand Islam and applying these to current day issues.
- hosting scholarly, intellectual and cultural conferences, seminars and study circles.
- recognising and valuing diversity through diverse community engagement programs.